The following message was shared with all Ohio State students, faculty and staff.
Search committee announcement
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
I am pleased to share today the search committee for the university’s next executive vice president and provost.
The committee of Ohio State faculty, staff and students will work closely with the search firm Education Executives to provide input and feedback, and coordinate campus listening sessions.
Serving as co-chairs are Janet Box-Steffensmeier, Vernal Riffe Professor of Political Science and professor of sociology, College of Arts and Sciences, and John Warner, executive vice president and chief executive officer, Wexner Medical Center. Additional members include:
- Micah L. Berman, professor of law, Moritz College of Law; Stephen F. Loebs Professor in Health Services Management and Policy, College of Public Health
- Aravind Chandrasekaran, Fisher Distinguished Professor of Operations, associate dean for graduate programs and executive education, Fisher College of Business
- Jorge E. Clavo Abbass, president, Council of Graduate Students
- Kristine Devine, vice president of operations and deputy chief financial officer, Office of Business and Finance
- Aparna Dial, senior director of sustainability and strategic services, Office of Administration and Planning; chair, President and Provost’s Council on Women
- Dorota Grejner-Brzezinska, vice president for knowledge enterprise, Office of Knowledge Enterprise
- Jeff Kaplan, trustee, Ohio State Board of Trustees; chair, Academic Affairs and Student Life committee
- Olivia LeRoux, president, Inter-Professional Council
- William L. MacDonald, dean and director, Ohio State Newark
- Bobby McAlpine, president, Undergraduate Student Government
- Debbie Pond, director, Center for Faculty Advancement, Mentoring and Engagement, College of Medicine; chair, University Staff Advisory Committee
- Karen Rose, dean, College of Nursing
- Taylor Schwein, graduate student trustee, Ohio State Board of Trustees
- Melissa Shivers, senior vice president for student life, Office of Student Life
- Scott R. Schricker, associate professor of restorative and prosthetic dentistry, College of Dentistry; faculty council chair, University Senate
- Sara Watson, associate professor of political science, College of Arts and Sciences; faculty council chair-elect, University Senate
- Kay Wolf, senior vice provost for academic leadership, Office of Academic Affairs
We are grateful for the engagement of the committee members along with the broader Ohio State community throughout this search process. The role of provost, our chief academic officer, is vital to advancing the university’s educational mission.
Also, I want to again thank Karla Zadnik for agreeing to serve as interim executive vice president and provost, effective Jan. 1, 2024. Dr. Zadnik will work with outgoing Provost Melissa L. Gilliam to ensure a seamless transition.
We will continue to update you on this important search as it unfolds.
Peter J. Mohler, PhD
Acting President and Executive Vice President for Research, Innovation and Knowledge