The following message was sent to all Ohio State students, faculty and staff on Friday, July 9, 2021.
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
More than 60,000 Buckeyes are already fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and I’m excited to announce thousands of additional reasons to get your shots.
In August, Ohio State will award $50,000 in gift cards, football tickets and parking passes to students, faculty and staff who have completed their vaccination and reported their status to the university. We will award prizes through a random weekly drawing. Those who act before August will have more chances to win.
- If you have not yet been vaccinated, see the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website for information on how to find a location.
- Vaccinated students should report their status through My BuckMD to be eligible for prizes.
- Vaccinated faculty and staff must report their status through this simple form to be eligible. Even if you were vaccinated through the Wexner Medical Center, you must report through this process.
The vaccines are free, safe and effective, and you can protect yourself and the entire Buckeye community by helping to increase our known vaccination rate. We know that more than 65% of returning students, faculty and staff are already vaccinated, and the number is rising as more individuals share their information.
For now, students, faculty and staff should get vaccinated and report their information to be eligible. Before the first drawing, we will share information about contest rules and how to sign up. The first prizes will be awarded the week of Aug. 2.
Don’t wait: The sooner you are vaccinated, the sooner you will enjoy the protections of the vaccines — and the opportunity to win prizes for doing so.
Kristina M. Johnson, PhD
- Safe and Healthy Buckeyes information and guidance
- Vaccination scheduling resources
- Testing resources
- Resources for faculty
- Resources for COVID-19 research
- Resources for students
- Resources for staff
- Safe and Healthy Buckeyes: Mental Health and Wellness.
- Faculty and staff can use the Human Resources Keep Well website, the Chief Wellness Officer Health and Wellness page and Your Plan For Health.
- Students can use the Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS).
- CCS also provides guidance for ways for faculty and staff to support students.
- The Ohio State: Wellness app is designed for students but offers tips and guidance useful for all members of our community. It is available for Android and iOS devices.