The following message was sent to all Ohio State students, faculty and staff on Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
We have updated the COVID-19 dashboard with our most recent test results from Monday, Aug. 31.
The on-campus student positivity rate decreased to 5.7% from our last update of 5.86%. This shows that by wearing masks, staying 6 feet apart and following all safe and healthy guidelines, you are having an impact. Let’s keep it going.
The off-campus undergraduate positivity rate is not as encouraging at 9.66% in our first 24-hour snapshot from Monday. I am confident that by strictly following the Together As Buckeyes guidelines we can drive this positivity rate down. We need your focused attention to move in that direction and keep each other, our families and all Ohioans safe and healthy.
Labor Day weekend and testing
With Labor Day weekend fast approaching, we ask students with travel plans to get tested before you leave campus. You can register to get tested on site at Jesse Owens North, on Thursday or Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Your results will be provided to you as soon as possible so that you can reduce the risk of exposing your friends and family at home, if your test comes back positive for COVID-19. In the meantime, you should also act as though you are positive and wear your mask, practice physical distancing and take all other safety precautions.
I have learned very quickly that when faced with great challenges, Buckeye Nation gets after it. We can do this — Together As Buckeyes.
Kristina M. Johnson, PhD
- Safe and Healthy Buckeyes information and guidance
- Testing resources for students
- Resources for faculty
- Resources for COVID-19 research
- Resources for students
- Resources for staff
- Faculty and staff can use the Human Resources Keep Well website, the Chief Wellness Officer Health and Wellness page and Your Plan For Health.
- Students can use the Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) and the Buckeye Peer Access Line (PAL), which operates Monday through Friday from 8 p.m. to midnight.
- CCS also provides guidance for ways for faculty and staff to support students.
- The Ohio State: Wellness app is designed for students but offers tips and guidance useful for all members of our community. It is available for Android and iOS devices.