The following message was sent to Ohio State faculty and staff on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Dear Ohio State Community:
I have asked Executive Vice President and Provost Dr. Melissa Gilliam and Chief Administrative Officer, Hospital Division, Elizabeth Seely to co-chair the search committee. The committee will convene in the coming days and include the following exceptional faculty, staff and student:
- Dr. Don Benson, Division of Hematology, Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Dr. Amy Darragh, director, Occupational Therapy Division, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, College of Medicine; faculty council chair-elect, University Senate
- Dr. Mary Howard, executive director, Ohio State East Hospital
- Kris Kipp, executive director, Clinical Services, chief nursing officer, OSUCCC – James
- Dr. Cheryl Lee, chair, Department of Urology, College of Medicine; chief health equity officer, Wexner Medical Center
- Dr. Steven Loborec, assistant director, Department of Pharmacy, College of Medicine; chair, University Staff Advisory Committee
- Dr. Timothy Pawlik, chair, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine
- John Schriver, senior associate general counsel, Wexner Medical Center
- Carly Sobol, Doctor of Medicine candidate; graduate student trustee
- Dr. Grace Wang, executive vice president, Enterprise for Research, Innovation and Knowledge
- Dr. Karla Zadnik, dean, College of Optometry; executive dean for health sciences
The search committee will be staffed by Senior Vice President of Talent, Culture and Human Resources Dr. Jeff Risinger. We have also selected the search firm Isaacson Miller as a consultant according to standard university operating procedures.
Please join me in expressing our gratitude to all of our Buckeyes for their expertise and commitment to the search committee. We remain committed to a search process that is inclusive and represents the best values of the university community.
Once again, my thanks also go to Wexner Medical Center interim co-leaders Dr. Andrew Thomas, chief clinical officer and senior associate vice president for health sciences, and Mr. Mark Larmore, chief financial officer of the medical center and vice president for health sciences. Their leadership during this transition period will place us in the best position to further accelerate the medical center’s incredible momentum and pursue our ambitious goals.
Our doctors, nurses, support staff and researchers are among the very best in the world — and continue to work heroically on the front lines of the pandemic while providing excellence in care and in all that they do. I look forward to sharing more with you throughout this important search, including opportunities for members of the university community to share thoughts and input.
Kristina M. Johnson, PhD